As most of you know by now, Alex’s Girl has come to an end. About a month ago I posted an “Epilogue” and then revealed that the epilogue is, in fact, actually just the first few pages of the sequel! I called it an Epilogue so as to surprise you unsuspecting readers with the sequel announcement at the end 😉 and it totally worked. Once I post chapter one of the sequel, I will retitle “Epilogue” to “Book Two Teaser,” which is more accurate.
Obviously I’m really excited about this new project! I love writing, and it’s always nice having a ‘project’ for me to work on when I have some free time. I’m also absolutely thrilled to have finally finished something… I’ve started many stories and have never finished them, so I think it’s a good sign that I’ve finally learned to not give up and to see a story through to the end.
What’s in store for Alex’s Girl? Well, I’ll be re-reading it (for the billionth time), editing it, changing some things, and then sending it off to get edited by a professional and maybe see about getting it self-published as some people have expressed interest in owning a physical copy, which might be a neat idea if Wattpad ever crashes or something. Not sure about that yet, but we’ll see. It will definitely take some time because I’m much more interested in writing than I am in editing. Editing is boring.
As for the awaited sequel… well, here are some quick facts about it, to hold you guys over until I actually post it!
Ten Fun Facts about the Upcoming Sequel to Alex’s Girl:
- The working title is, Lost Then Found. It’s cheesy as hell, but nothing is worse than ‘Alex’s Girl.’ Also that’s a direct line from AG (bonus points to whoever can find the chapter that it’s in.)
- This is sort of related to the previous fact: The first thing Alex ever says to Val is, “Are you… lost?” The first thing Val says to Alex in the sequel is, “Found you.” We’ve come full circle!
- I will post the sequel when I’ve written the first five chapters. I’m doing this so that it gives me time to write more chapters without making you guys wait too long between updates. I’d ideally like to update on a schedule, posting one chapter per month. If I have five chapters finished when I post, that gives me 5 months to focus on writing more chapters without pressure.
- Yes, we will hear about what Val has been up to this entire time.
- Yes, we will find out what is going on between Alex and Laura.
- Yes, we will see the return of some characters from Alex’s Girl.
- Unlike Alex’s Girl, which was heavily focused on Val, Lost Then Found will be more Alex-centric.
- There will be no first-person POV chapters. The entire story will be written in third-person. That does not mean, however, that I will never write a first person POV drabble anyway and post it here for shits and gigs.
- The plot of Lost then Found will delve much deeper into mafia stuff and “powerful rival families” drama than Alex’s Girl did. Alex’s Girl certainly set up for both of these things.
- Here’s the current cover:
One day I’ll get both covers changed to something else (the models used for the Alex’s Girl cover actually really bother me… Alex’s model has a man-chin and Val’s model is some saucy latina), but both covers cost me $10 each so I can’t really complain.
I also just wanted to take a minute to thank you guys for reading Alex’s Girl and sticking by it even when I hadn’t updated it in over a year. Writing that story was quite the journey, there were times where I wasn’t sure if I’d ever finish it… but I’m lucky to have such awesome readers who waited patiently for me and showed me constant support by sending me thoughtful messages and leaving me encouraging comments.
Also, thank you for showing such an amazing amount of support for the sequel! I was beyond happy to see just how much everyone was in favor of a sequel, and just how excited it made everyone. Knowing that you guys are excited about it is what makes me eager to get these first five chapters done as fast as possible so I can see your reactions (pretty much my favorite part of writing is reading your comments.)
Anyway, enough sappy stuff. The next time I post here will probably be to announce that I’ve posed the sequel, although if you are following me then you will already know the second that I do.
Hope you all have been enjoying your summer 🙂